This 4 Function wireless remote control kit was designed specifically for the Honda EU6500iS, it is not a one size fits all.
Warning This kit does not fit the Fuel Injected Honda EU7000iS, the correct kit for the EU7000iS is HERE »
Product Demonstration Video Installation Instruction Video
EU6500iS Owner’s Manual EM5000iS Owner’s Manual EM7000iS Owner’s Manual
All installation instructions for all Pinellas Power Products kits are in an easy to follow step by step video, on a (USB flash-drive) included in each kit. Please take a moment to watch the product videos above to see all the features this product has to offer.
Our Honda EU6500iS wireless remote control kit is the most advanced most feature packed model on the market today. It is the only one that starts and stops your Honda EU6500iS with two channels and offers you the ability to move in and out of the Eco-throttle mode and the ability to turn on and off the lower 20A outlet, all from a high end four channel wireless radio remote control. Nobody else has a remote control system for the Honda EU6500iS with this many features. We have tested this unit at our location and found an unobstructed range of almost 400 feet, obstructions and weather conditions will affect the range of this unit. An optional long range transmitter is available to extend the range to almost 2000Ft.
I originally developed this kit for the EU6500iS but it also fits the EM5000iS and the EM7000iS. The installation instruction Video was shot using an EU6500iS because that is the most difficult generator to install this product on. In order to install this product on the open frame models the procedure is the same but you do not have to deal with the cabinet, so it is a lot easier to install.
Please click on the Product Details tab just below the photos for full technical details.
Please take a look at our other products for the Honda EU6500iS | Honda EM5000iS | Honda EM7000iS
- This Kit works with Honda EU6500iS, EM5000iS and EM7000iS inverter generators.
- Shipping weight 1 pounds.
- Ships the same day it was ordered on orders received before 3:30 PM EST.
- Quantity shown above the add to cart button is the exact quantity in stock right this second.
- We ship world wide.
- This kit comes with Two Transmitters but you can purchase extras from my website.
- This kit can be installed in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Features and Benefits
- There are no extra switches to deal with; the Pinellas Power Products Wireless Remote Control kit uses the stock key switch to power up the radio receiver.
- The Pinellas Power Products Wireless Remote Control kit can switch your generator in and out of economy mode. The owners manual says to start the generator in standard mode then switch to economy mode, so what is the point in buying a remote control that can’t operate the economy switch.
- The Pinellas Power Products Wireless Remote Control kit can turn one of the 20A outlets on and off by remote control while leaving the generator turned on (this is great for items that you wish had their own remote control, but don’t).
- In the possible event of a remote control failure the normal starting and operation of the generator will not be affected.
- The radio receiver has low voltage cut out function to protect unit relays if battery voltage drops below 10.2V. Remote control will not function until battery is charged. (This does not affect recoil or key starting.) Do not leave the unit in standby mode for more than 2 days because this can drain the battery, unless you are using a Honda battery maintainer, part number 32670-HPE-800 or 31670-BMS-004 or a solar battery maintainer.
- Overload protection, low oil shut down, ground fault, and all safety features are unaffected by the installation of this kit.
- Up to 8 remotes can be programmed for use with each remote kit.
- The remote key fob is protected by a sliding cover to reduce the chance of pocket dialing.
- Maintenance procedures and specifications are not changed by the installation of this kit.
FUNCTIONS of REMOTE CONTROL BUTTONS
BUTTON 1) Start the generator (press for about 1 second)
BUTTON 2) Stop the generator (press until the engine comes to a stop)
BUTTON 3) Economy mode (press for 1 second to put generator into economy mode, press again to return to standard mode) the default position is standard run mode.
BUTTON 4) Outlet control (press for one second to turn bottom 20a outlet off and press again to turn it back on) the default position is the outlet in the on position.
If you have one of these generators but you are not comfortable installing the kit yourself, contact me for assistance.
This item has been tested and verified to fit US models, however this product will work on many different international models. All installation instructions refer to US models.
All product development and testing is done at our location in Brooksville Florida. This Item has been tested and verified to work properly at temperatures from 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Susan Vaisey –
We have self installed and used this unit for several years. It is the best investment we have made in our camping endeavors.
Jason Wolford (verified owner) –
Very simple-to-follow instructions to install. Works over long distances. Quality material and thinking went into this mod. Had a few questions he answered promptly. He stands by his product. Love it!